WeAreDigital is a strategic digital commerce, digital marketing and experience consultancy, with a focus on making commerce better and easier - everyday. We are obsessed with achieving results and creating impact for our clients.
We work as partners with local and global brands & retailers, spanning eCommerce, enterprise, consumer goods, fashion, health and finance to deliver commerce solutions and marketing services, and platforms across multi channels.
We are currently hunting for a General Manager to help lead our tribe on a full-time basis. The General Manager will control and oversee all business operations, people and new business opportunities. You will be responsible for the overall success of the business. Our General Manager will be a strategist and a leader with the ability to lead our tribe in meeting our mission, priorities and long term goals.
- To deliver upon the agency's vision and position
- To drive client satisfaction and staff satisfaction
- To cultivate and maintain a standard of premium client service.
- To drive profitability within the agency
- To grow current client base and service offerings
- To provide commercial and strategic leadership, ensuring cross-functional teams are aligned on client business priorities, objectives and expectations.
- To help build the WeAreDigital service offering and culture - which includes growing, managing, supporting and mentoring a team of Strategists, Designers, UX Specialists, Project Managers, Producers and developers.
- To support new business development initiatives and lead the growth of new client relationships.
- You will be client facing so you’ll need to build senior relationships with clients and contribute to new business pitches in the tech/digital world as well as brand strategy and marketing.
- Act as a WeAreDigital ambassador and ensure the company’s vision, values and priorities are embraced and clear within the wider team.
- Inspire, encourage and lead the team to effectively deliver ‘best practice’ client service everyday.
- Lead the team to sell and deliver effective marketing strategies and campaigns for clients, and provide recommendations for ongoing optimisation to achieve client KPIs.
- Support the team in client research and interpreting research results into meaningful digital transformations including capex projects and ongoing marketing programs.
- Actively search for farming and growth opportunities on existing client accounts, including working with and supporting internal teams to formulate account plans, strategies and uncover new opportunities.
- Continuously drive and standardise new business, project and client service processes for efficiency & scale.
- Act as a final escalation point and 'quality check' on all projects and key client deliverables, to ensure all WeAreDigital outputs are of the highest standard.
- Successfully engage with Project Managers, Producers, Strategists, Designers, UX Specialists, developers and partners, in delivering projects, programs of work and campaigns.
- Provide ongoing strategic & commercial direction for team members in managing and growing their client relationships and in delivering excellence on all projects.
- Actively support the CEO in new business development and lead conversion.
- Manage the profitability of the team, and lead the development and achievement of financial targets. As well as managing the presentation of results to CEO and senior staff.
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of staff, including senior staff, providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Contribute to the planning and shaping of the vision and objectives for WeAreDigital, including setting standards and priorities for the team.
- Assist with the development and operation of new service stream offerings including selling in to existing and new clients.
- Support the CEO in any new client and commercial partnership negotiations.
- Minimum of 10 years experience working in an agency environment.
- Extensive experience in a similar senior management role and in managing a team.
- A proven track record in supporting new business development and driving growth of existing client accounts.
- Strong commercial acumen, with the ability to translate broad business and marketing goals into clear objectives, requirements and outcomes for digital.
- Demonstrated alignment with WeAreDigital’s core values.
- You must possess a background that is creative and preferably have experience in working for a digital, design, brand or advertising agency.
- High Level attention to detail.
- Ability to upsell, pitch, create opportunity for sales, networking.
- Be the WeRD representative at industry events.
- Strategic, rational thinker.
- Strong problem solving and crisis management skills.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.