Developers, Front End
Thanks for your interest in WeAreDigital. We are very much looking forward to receiving your application. Some more info:
WeAreDigital is a company driven by a strong inclusive culture and a passion for working in teams. We have a relentless focus on making commerce better and easier - everyday. We craft digital strategies, products, services, campaigns that make a measurable difference to our clients and their customers. We are a diverse tribe that are looking for new members to bring a new perspective and experience, to help shape the future of our business. We strive to always create value, learn and share as much as possible with others.
We're looking for skilled and passionate Front-End Developers (Snr, Mid and Jnr) to work within our expanding cross discipline team of developers, designers, strategists and project managers working in our Melbourne studio. You’ll be working on a variety of projects for a wide range of clients, brands and industries. Our workflow is highly collaborative with a focus on quality code, process and output. We have a ‘get shit done’ attitude, but we don’t forget to have fun along the way.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will work in a highly collaborative environment with talented and kind people, all united in our vision to make commerce better and easier - everyday.
We are selective about the projects we take on, ensuring they adhere to our moral and company values. We collaborate with world-class companies and innovative brands to create smart, seamless commerce solutions on the path to purchase that often challenge and push us to learn new things.
We have a deep learning culture and encourage all employees to explore their interests and provide the time to upskill and experiment with new technologies.
- Work on both client and internal projects
- Produce neat and well documented code
- Contribute code to help extend and help improve common libraries
- Organize your work within an Agile team and workflow
- Collaborate with a broader team, including project managers, designers and other developers.
- Live and Breathe our Company Values
- Demonstrated commercial experience in a similar role (agency preferred), sound understanding of commercial software applications and development processes
- Knowing where and when to use a library or framework (or write your own!).
- Extensive knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML and CSS
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Knowledge of CSS precompilers (Sass / LESS).
- Fluent in source control workflows for commercial projects
- Strong desire to constantly improve and learn
- Confidence and experience working with design teams
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Able to work both as a team member and an individual
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
OTHER NICE STUFF
- Shopify experience will be highly-regarded
- Experience in consuming RESTful apis
- Experience working with Node.js
- Experience working with Continuous Integration / Deployment.
- Active Github account / open source contributions.
- Liquid (Shopify’s templating language)
- Build systems and tools e.g. Grunt, Gulp or Webpack
- Ruby, PHP or other back-end language experience
- Craft CMS
- Database management experience e.g. MySQL/MariaDB or Postgres
- Amazon AWS
- You are passionate about development
- You have a strong appetite for learning and for sharing knowledge
- You are outgoing, personable, sociable and easy going
- You are open to feedback from your team to benefit project development and understanding
We are constantly working on improving our benefits and how we look after our tribe.
We believe in a healthy work environment that provides flexibility or everyone.
We offer training and a bunch other perks.
Our work environment is very open, honest and creative. We believe in creating a space where everyone can feel at home and bring their full selves to work everyday.
If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered, by sending us your CV and a covering letter - including your salary expectations.
No recruiters please (and thank you)
Know someone perfect for this role? Refer them to the job, and you’ll earn a $1,500 bounty when they pass probation. Just ask them to note your name when applying.